My attempt at making Baked Brie

I just loooove baked Brie! Last weekend, I finally convinced myself it was my turn to try making it. So I asked friends, watched instructional videos and scoured for recipes online. Eventually, I settled with a simple but tried and tested version. My first attempt was rather unsuccessful. I was sad & crushed it did not turn out as expected. I used light brie trying to be healthy and it turned out rubbery instead of the normal oozing cheesy goodness. I also rolled out the bottom a bit thinly that some of the preserved peach leaked out on one side. Ahhh...the lessons learned are priceless.


Ingredients
1 sheet puff pastry, thawed (use package directions)
1 wheel Brie cheese
Peach Preserves
1 egg for egg wash or melted butter

Directions
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Slice the wheel of Brie horizontally in half.
Spread Peach preserves on Brie.
Cover with puff pastry. Brush with egg wash
Bake at 425 degrees until Puff pastry has risen. Then lower temperature to 350 degrees and bake until Puff pastry is crisp and golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes.
Serve with bread or crackers.

note: for a more comprehensive way of preparing Baked Brie, watch this video:




No comments: